Primary: Grades K-3
All Night All Day Angels Watching over Me
Daily, Daily, Sing to Mary
Communion Song of Thanks & Praise with Gestures
A Gift To You
Jesus Loves Me Lyrics ( Yes Jesus Loves Me with Lyrics )
Spirit of God (song with movements)
A wonderful soothing song for your children to listen to and learn to sing and sign as they learn more about how the Holy Spirit truly helps them each day
Say a Hail Mary, everyday
1) the 5 minute movie of “The Miracle of Our Lady Fatima on the 13th day from May to October 1917. https://youtu.be/yNDHu3Atqvk
2) the 3 minute movie clip of the blessed Mother’s first appearance to three children ages 7, 9, and 10 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9lnLusZ6h0&feature=share
3) a 30 minute animated movie of “My Time with Jesus Fatima Special: Lucia and her faithfulness to the Message” ‐ In this really story, a group of children learn the story of the Miracle of Fatima with specific focus on ‘Lucia’. Mom and dad, this movie has a wonderful lesson within the story about confession and receiving Communion, so it is a wonderful reminder/lesson for all of our students, especially for our first Communicants to watch as they continue to prepare to receive Jesus for the first time. 4) If your child enjoys drawing/art, this youtube video by the ‘catholic icing lady’ teaches your child how to draw a spinning Miracle of the Sun of Fatima . . . https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJqIQJHJe1Q&feature=youtu.be
- On YouTube, watch, “Storytime with the Sisters: Mary, Mother of Jesus board book”
REFLECTIONS 1. Write your answers to these questions:
A : If Mary and Jesus lived next door to you right now, what would your Mom and Mary talk about?
B: Would you and Jesus be friends? Why? What will you talk about to Mary everyday, what would you do together?
- Make a card or write a prayer to tell Mary how much you love her.
- Find a picture on Google, draw a picture of the Blessed Virgin Mary and decorate it with flowers or get a statue of Mary. Put the picture or statue in your room.
Fun songs for kids:
Sing Hosanna – I’ve Got The Joy, Joy, Joy
This Little Light of Mine
Deep and Wide
I am the Bread of life
Give Me Jesus With Lyrics Artist: Fernando Ortega
Saint Anthony of Padua
What did you learn from this story?
Is it possible that things aren’t always as they seem? When we see that things aren’t going our way, is it possible that God is simply creating a greater path for us to travel on?
Do you believe that God has such great plans for your life like He did with the three trees?
How can you relate to St. Joseph of Cupertino?
What can you learn about God through St. Joseph?
What surprises you most about his story?
We live in a time where bullying is very common and we see that St. Joseph was also bullied quite a bit; how does this make you feel?
St. Joseph seemed very odd to people, but in reality, he was VERY special to God and was a great saint which surprised everyone! Does this change how you look at people that you consider to be different or odd? Would St. Joseph’s story cause you to think twice before bullying or being mean to someone who’s different than you? Why or why not.
Does this story inspire you to pray the rosary?
What did you learn from this story?
Did this inspire you to teach others about the rosary?
Approach one family member that doesn’t pray the rosary and ask them if they would be willing to pray at least one decade (1 Big bead- Glory Be & Our Father, and 10 Hail Mary’s equals one decade) of the rosary with you. Ask them if they would be willing to do this with you once a week.
ACTIVITIES (requires help from an adult)*
Easy DIY projects that can be done at home: